Skydive: I agree that I will:
- There is a MAXIMUM WEIGHT (fully clothed) of 210 pounds (15 stone, 95kg) for those over 5ft4in (162cm), or 182 pounds (13 stone, 82.6kg) for those 5ft4in or less. This limit is in place for your own safety and that of the instructors.
- Participants must be over 18. Under 16s must have written permission from a parent or guardian.
- The £60.00 booking fee is non-refundable and non-transferable
- In registering for this event, participants agree to raise a minimum sponsorship of £400.
We ask that the £400 is with us by the 29th July 2019. If you have not
reached £400 by this time you will receive emails from us reminding you of this
requirement. We will work with you to ensure that the money is raised eventually and if
you really can’t fundraise anymore we can arrange for you to set up a standing order
to make a manageable monthly donation.
- The registration fee and all sponsorship money should be made payable to Derby Hospitals Charity. Under no circumstances can money be raised for another charity or organisation.
- Time allocations are given as a guide only and may be subject to change due to matters beyond the control of the charity.
- Please arrive on time for your jump. Late arrivals may miss their time allocation and may have to wait for the next available slot.
- Should the weather be unsuitable for jumping on the day, an alternative day will be arranged.
- By signing this form you also acknowledge that photographs and written quotations may be taken of you during the event and used to publicise future events and the work of the charity in general.
- All tandem jumpers are required to sign a British Parachute Association Tandem Student Parachutist Medical Information and Declaration form 115A Form 115a – Tandem Student Parachutist Medical Information and Declaration. Those unable to sign the form due to medical conditions or injuries must bring a copy of Form 115b – Tandem Student Parachutists Doctors Medical Certificatesigned and stamped by their doctor instead. Please make sure that you read all the above documents and the Terms and Conditions before signing up for the event.
- Only collect on private property (including the workplace, shops and pubs etc) after first obtaining the permission of the owner.
- Only raise funds by carrying out house to house or street collections after having first received permission from local authorities and informing the charity office.
- Not reproduce the Derby Hospitals Charity or NHS logo without first obtaining the permission of Derby Hospitals Charity.
- Ensure Derby Hospitals Charity sign off any materials I produce to help with my promotions whether printed or online, where Derby Hospitals Charity name, logo, website link, or any mention of Derby Hospitals Charity work, is used.
- Ensure that any photos that I use are provided by Derby Hospitals Charity where Derby Hospitals Charity name, logo, website link, or any mention of Derby Hospitals Charity work, is used – these include photos on websites, tickets or any other materials.
- Not approach companies for sponsorship or matched donations without getting in touch with Derby Hospitals Charity beforehand. This is because whilst in general Derby Hospitals Charity strongly encourages match giving and company donations, there are a small number of companies that the Charity does not accept support from. Sponsorship from colleagues on an individual basis will always be accepted.
- Take responsibility for the safe keeping of the money raised in Derby Hospitals Charity’s name, until it is transferred to Derby Hospitals Charity.
Lottery Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions
These End User Terms are subject to change and were last updated on 11th August 2021.
Thank you for your interest in the Derby & Burton Hospitals Charity Lottery (URL) (“the Lottery”). We want your experience to be a positive one and we have provided these terms and conditions (“Terms“) to set out the important information and rules relating to all Users’ use of it.
Please ensure that you read these Terms carefully. By entering the Lottery you agree to be legally bound by these Terms, which incorporate the Acceptable Use Policy. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms then you must not enter the Lottery.
This Lottery is promoted by Derby & Burton Hospitals Charity (the Society), Royal Derby Hospital, Uttoxeter Road, Derby, DE22 3NE, 01332 788861, email@example.com, licensed by Derby City Council – REG NO 1020.
This Lottery is managed by The Fundraising Foundry Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (company number 12391987 (England)), an external lottery manager (Licence number: 057455-R-333033-001) whose registered address is c/o 157 Bedford Road, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, SG6 4DY and whose head office is at Unit 3, Saxon Way, Melbourn, Cambridgeshire, SG8 6DN. “The Fundraising Foundry Limited“, “us” or “we“) and your Agreement is with us. However, the Society (as defined below) shall be entitled to enforce any of the terms and conditions of these Terms
In these Terms, the following words have the defined meanings as follows:
‘Agreement’ Has the meaning given in Clause 11.4;
‘AUP’ Means the Acceptable Use Policy relating to all use of the Website as revised from time to time (the current version of which is available on the Website;
‘End User, you, your’ Means the end user of the Website and/or participator in the Lottery;
‘Society Lottery’ Means the Lottery and website run and managed by The Fundraising Foundry Limited on behalf of the Society;
‘Intellectual Property Rights’ Means patents, trademarks, service marks, design rights (whether registrable or otherwise), applications for any of the foregoing, copyright, database rights, trade or business names and other similar rights or obligations whether registrable or not in any country (including but not limited to the United Kingdom); means all copyright, patents, trademarks, service marks, design rights, rights in databases, moral rights, and other intellectual property rights in each case whether registered or unregistered and including any applications for the foregoing and all other similar rights anywhere in the world;
‘Lottery’ Means the remote society lottery promoted by the Society;
‘Lottery Rules’ Means the Rules governing the Lottery as revised from time to time (the current version of which is available on the Website);
‘Society’ Means the Society whose details are given in the introduction to these Terms and Conditions;
‘Security Data’ has the meaning given in Clause 10.1;
‘Third Party Content’ Means any material, information, data or other content which is owned or licensed by a third party;
‘Website’ Means this Society Site and any microsite of the website.
2.1 You acknowledge and agree that your application to register for the Lottery is subject to certain minimum requirements. The registration of all applications is subject to verification by us and we reserve the right to reject an application in our reasonable discretion without giving reasons.3. The Lottery
3.1 If you have any questions or concerns about the Lottery then you should direct them to us via email at the details above.
3.2 We reserve the right to make changes or corrections, alter, suspend or discontinue all or any part of the Lottery or any related content. Any modifications or additions to the Lottery shall be subject to these Terms.
3.3 The Services may include Third Party Content which may be subject to separate licenses from the relevant third party. You understand that we do not control or endorse Third Party Content. All such Third Party Content is published by us in good faith but to the extent permitted by applicable law we do not accept responsibility for the accuracy or content of it. We make no representations whatsoever about any other website which you may access through the Website or which may link to the Website and when you access such third party websites you understand and agree that they are independent from the Website and that we have no control over them and that they shall be subject to separate terms and conditions.
4. The Lottery
4.1 The Lottery shall be subject to these Lottery Terms and Conditions, which you must accept as a pre-condition of your entry.
4.2 Without prejudice to the generality of Clause 2.1, you acknowledge and agree that we may in our reasonable discretion accept or reject any entry to the Lottery. Where we do not for any reason accept an entry, we shall refund the entry amount we received for the purchase of the ticket(s) relating to the entry. We will not take the entry amount for entry unless your entry has been accepted.
5.1 Our warranties in relation to the Website and the Lottery are set out in full in Clause 11.3. We do not make any other promises or warranties about them (other than as must be inferred as a matter of law).
5.2 This Clause 5 shall survive termination of the Agreement.
6. Limitation of Liability
6.1 We will accept all liability if something we do involves fraud or causes death or personal injury where we have been negligent.
6.2 We shall operate the Website and provide the Lottery with reasonable skill and care.
6.3 We are responsible for losses you suffer as a result of us breaching these Terms only if the losses are a direct and foreseeable consequence of us breaking the Terms. Subject to Clause 11.1, such liability shall be further limited to the amounts which you have paid to us in relation to the Fundraising Events and the Lottery under these Terms in the 12 month period preceding the date of our breach. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time you register. We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us in this way. By way of example, we cannot foresee that any breach by us will cause you (a) loss of income or revenue; (b) loss of business; (c) loss of profits; or (d) loss of anticipated savings.
6.4 You agree to indemnify us from any and all claims and liabilities (including legal fees) which arise from your breach of the Agreement.
6.5 This Clause 6 shall survive termination of the Agreement.
7. Intellectual Property Rights
7.1 All Intellectual Property Rights in and to the Website, the materials contained on it and the Lottery (including the trade marks, design, text, graphics and other content, interfaces and the selection and arrangement of the content, software and all other material) belongs to us or our licensors. All rights are reserved.
7.2 We grant you a non-exclusive, royalty-free personal licence (with no right to sub-licence) to access and use the Website for your personal, private and non-commercial use.
7.3 Except to the extent and in the circumstances expressly required to be permitted by us by law, you shall not modify, adapt, translate, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute by any means or in any manner any material or information included on or incorporated in the Website, the materials contained on it or the Lottery including but not limited to text, graphics, video, messages, code and/or software without our prior written consent.
7.4 This Clause 7 shall survive termination of the Agreement.
8. Data Protection
8.1 You acknowledge that in order for us to receive your Registration and provide participation in the Lottery to you, we must collect certain personal data from you and process that data.
8.4 This Clause 8 shall survive termination of the Agreement.
9.1 We may terminate or suspend the Agreement and your participation in the Lottery at any time.
9.2 Upon termination of the Agreement, all rights and obligations of you and us shall cease to have effect immediately except that termination shall not affect the accrued rights and obligations of either of us at the date of termination nor any provisions of these Terms that expressly or impliedly survive termination.
10. Protection of customer funds
10.1 Customer funds are held in a separate client account on behalf of the societies. All remote operators licensed by the Gambling Commission have an obligation to hold separate accounts for proceeds. This is to protect the player in the event of insolvency.
11.1 If any provision of these Terms is held to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severed and the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms shall not be affected.
11.2 If we fail to enforce a right under these Terms, that failure will not prevent us from enforcing other rights or the same type of right on a later occasion.
11.3 Without limiting Sections 5 (Disclaimers) and 6 (Liability), we do not take responsibility for any event which is outside our reasonable control, including but not limited to the failure, malfunction or unavailability of telecommunications data communications and/or computer services, power supply failures or shortages, acts or omissions of third parties including but not limited to network operators), acts of government or regulators nor for any consequential loss arising from such an event.
11.5 You are not permitted to assign the Agreement. We may assign, transfer or subcontract any of our rights or obligations under this Agreement without notice to you.
11.6 Of the terms of this Agreement shall be enforceable by The Fundraising Foundry Limited and the Society. No other person who is not a party to it may enforce the terms of the Agreement. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall be construed accordingly.
11.7 All notices shall be given:
(a) to us via email or by post to our registered address as set out in the introduction to these terms; or
(b) to you at either the email or postal address you provide during the registration process.
Notice will be deemed received when an email is received in full (or on the next business day if it is received outside on 09:00 to 17:30 on a weekday that is not a bank holiday) or 3 days after the date of posting (or, where this falls other than on a weekday that is not a bank holiday, on the next working day).
11.8 When you purchase a ticket/s to this lottery The Fundraising Foundry Limited, is the merchant of record. If you have any queries regarding your tickets please email support@TheFundraisingFoundry.com or telephone 01763 260233.
11.9 The Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The parties submit to the nonexclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
11.10 This Clause 11 shall survive termination of the Agreement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Full name and title
- Contact information including address and post code
- Phone numbers and email address
- Bank account details (if paying by debit card/setting up regular donations)
What we do with the information we collect
We require this information for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to keep you up to date with what is happening at Derby Hospitals Charity via our Exchange Newsletter.
- We may periodically send emails about fundraising events which we think may interest you using the email address you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer’s hard drive that helps us identify you as someone who has been to the website before. This is necessary for logging into the website (without it you’d be asked for your password every time you went to a new page) and they also help us to analyse web traffic. There is no personal data stored in the cookies we set.
We use Google Analytics’ traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We also use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information:
- If you do not wish us to use your personal information to contact you, please call 01332 785731 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not pass on your personal information to third parties.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Derby Hospitals Charity, Level 5, Royal Derby Hospital, Uttoxeter Road, Derby DE22 3NE.
- If you believe that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible to email@example.com or write to us at the above address so that we can alter the information.