General Events – Colour Run and Jingle Jog
- Upon signing up to our events, you agree to fundraise solely for our charity, i.e. you cannot run in the Colour Run and fundraise for another charity.
- When fundraising, you agree to only use sponsorship forms issued by Derby Hospitals Charity and not use any other type of sponsorship form (unless otherwise agreed with Derby Hospitals Charity).
- Only collect on private property (including the workplace, shops and pubs etc.) after first obtaining the permission of the owner.
- Not reproduce the Derby Hospitals Charity or NHS logo without first obtaining the permission of Derby Hospitals Charity.
- Take responsibility for the safe keeping of the money raised in Derby Hospitals Charity’s name, until it is transferred to Derby Hospitals Charity.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Full name and title
- Contact information including address and post code
- Phone numbers and email address
- Bank account details (if paying by debit card/setting up regular donations)
What we do with the information we collect
We require this information for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to keep you up to date with what is happening at Derby Hospitals Charity via our Exchange Newsletter.
- We may periodically send emails about fundraising events which we think may interest you using the email address you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer’s hard drive that helps us identify you as someone who has been to the website before. This is necessary for logging into the website (without it you’d be asked for your password every time you went to a new page) and they also help us to analyse web traffic. There is no personal data stored in the cookies we set.
We use Google Analytics’ traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We also use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information:
- If you do not wish us to use your personal information to contact you, please call 01332 785731 or email email@example.com
- We will not pass on your personal information to third parties.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Derby Hospitals Charity, Level 5, Royal Derby Hospital, Uttoxeter Road, Derby DE22 3NE.
- If you believe that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the above address so that we can alter the information.